Steamed Modak. Easy way to make Traditional, Authentic Modaks which is nothing but a rice flour dumpling with sweet jaggery and coconut n nuts filling. Modak, Steamed Modak made with mould and handmade modak with detailed step by step recipes. Modak is a sweet dumpling stuffed with a filling of coconut and jaggery.
So they are also called 'steamed modak'. Modak are Maharashtrian festive dumplings made of rice flour dough & a sweet coconut jaggery filling. Traditionally these sweet dumplings are handmade, filled and then steamed. You can have Steamed Modak using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Modak
- It’s 1 cup of Rice flour.
- Prepare 1.5 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1tbsp+ 1tsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 cups of Scraped coconut.
- You need 1 cup of Jaggery.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cashew and raisins.
- You need 1 tsp of Cardamom powder.
Modak recipe with step by step photos. Ukadiche modak is one of the most popular modak variety made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Modak is Bhagwan Ganesha's favorite sweet. Find steamed modak stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.
Steamed Modak step by step
- Heat water in a pan. Add ghee salt and sugar and let it boil. Then add rice flour and mix properly. Try to avoid lumps.
- Then switch off the gas and cover and keep it stand for 5mind. Then remove from fire and allow to cool down.
- In another pan hear 1tsp ghee, add scraped coconut to it and saute. Add Jaggery, nuts and cardamom powder to it and saute up to dry. Keep aside to cool down.
- Divide the dough into small size balls.
- Grease your hand with ghee, take a small ball and flat it in your palm. Then stuff the coconut stuffing and seal it shaping like a Modak. Keep aside. Now prepare all modaks.
- Heat water in a idly cooker, place the Modak on the plate and steam it for 10mins..
- Modak is ready.
Fry poppy seeds dry and mix with jaggery and coconut. Tasty steamed modaks ready to serve. Savor the delicious steamed modaks with ghee. See more ideas about Modak recipe, Steam, Cardamom powder. Steamed Modak is a popular Maharashtrian recipe that is traditionally prepared on Ganesh Chaturthi and is distributed as prasad among the worshipers.