You can have Ukdiche Modak using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ukdiche Modak
- You need For of stuffing:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of jaggery / gud.
- You need 1 cup of coconut, grated.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need For of modak dough:.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ghee / clarified butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice flour, fine.
Ukdiche Modak step by step
- Firstly, prepare the stuffing from jaggery and coconut. In another kadai boil 1 cup water, ¼ tsp salt and ½ tsp ghee..
- Turn off the flame and add 1 cup fine rice flour. mix the flour well with water. do not worry if the dough is dry..
- Cover and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes. Now transfer the rice flour mixture into large mixing bowl..
- Furthermore, pinch a small lemon sized ball and flatten it. with the help of both thumbs start pressing the edges and create a dent in centre..
- When the flour is still hot, knead with your hand. sprinkle water if required to form a smooth and soft dough..
- Slowly press from edges till it forms a cup. start creating pleats with your index finger and thumb..
- Now scoop a tbsp of prepared coconut-jaggery stuffing. get the pleats together to form a bundle. close the top by pinching and making it pointed..
- Place the modak in steamer leaving gaps in between. cover and steam the modak for 10 minutes or till the shiny texture appears on them..
- Finally, offer ukadiche modak to lord ganesha and celebrate ganesh chathurthi..