Stuffed Paneer and Coconut Modak.
You can cook Stuffed Paneer and Coconut Modak using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Paneer and Coconut Modak
- You need of For Modak.
- It’s 2 cup of rice flour.
- It’s as needed of Salt.
- You need of For the filling.
- Prepare 11/4 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of freshly grated coconut.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of crumbled paneer/ grated paneer.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of powder milk.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ghee for kneading and greasing.
Stuffed Paneer and Coconut Modak step by step
- For the dough: Boil 1 and 3/4 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan. Place the rice flour and salt as required mixchure in a deep bowl and add the boiled water gradually. Mix well using a spoon in the beginning and then knead into a soft and smooth dough..
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes..
- For the filling: Take a bowl and put all the filling ingredients into it and give them a well mix with your clean hand. Filling is ready. Keep it aside..
- Preparing the Modak: Grease some ghee in your hand pulm and take a small portion of the dough. Now give it a round shave by moving it in between your hand palm..
- Now in your one of hand fingers make a cavity into it by pressing and put some filling into the cavity by pressing your finger..
- Now press carefully the whole dough with the entire filling and give it a Modak shape gradually by using your hand like my recipe picture. Prepare all the Modak useing the same steps. You can design the modaks by pressing the sharp handle of teaspoon if you like which design I have shown in my recipe picture..
- For steaming: Place a steamer plate in a steamer and place a banana leaf on it. Moisten all the modaks with little water using your finger tips..
- Place 10 modaks on the banana leaf and steam on a banana leaf in a medium flame for 15 minutes..
- Repeat more same steps to steam more Modak batches..
- Stuffed Paneer and Coconut Modak is ready. Serve it hot with Garnishing ghee on the top and enjoy..