Perfect peach pie. Eat a perfect peach under the summer sun and you'll experience the fruit at its messy, dripping, sugar-bright Even a peach pie made with frozen fruit is a terrific thing. The addition of sugar helps; so, too. This step-by-step recipe will guide you through making a perfect, classic peach pie.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. This perfect Peach Pie is exactly what your next gathering needs! You can have Perfect peach pie using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Perfect peach pie
- You need of pie filling.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt (use 1/8 teaspoon, 1/4 was the smallest option).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 5 cup of sliced peaches.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of bottom crust.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of shortening.
- You need 6 tbsp of cold water.
- It’s of top crust.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cold water.
See how to bake this delicious peach pie This light, flaky, and irresistibly delicious Perfect Peach Pie is a "must make" for summer. The perfect peach pie is within your grasp. A vibrant, sweet peach filling surrounded by a perfect fail-proof crust. Perfect Peach Pie: Remember Mom's (or Grandma's) delicious, mouthwatering, scrumptious pies.
Perfect peach pie instructions
- To make bottom crust, first remember to keep the fat and water as cold as reasonably possible. Combine flour and salt..
- Cut in butter and shortening until it is a coarse meal. Gradually add in the water until well mixed. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes..
- Make the top pie crust the same way (using correct ingredients of course) and store in the refrigerator until its time to use it..
- When placing dough in pan, roll it out between two pieces of plastic wrap. When its about 1/4 inch thick, remove one side of plastic wrap..
- Use the other piece of plastic wrap to help you keep the crust in one piece while transferring to pie dish. Transfer to pie dish and push out any air bubbles and trim the ends of excess dough. Refrigerate the pie crust until you are ready to fill it and bake it..
- Here's an efficient way to cut up the peaches..
- Combine brown and granulated sugars in a large bowl. Toss in the peaches so they are all well coated in sugar. Let this sit for one hour..
- When the time comes, drain the juice from the peaches but make sure you save it!.
- Combine cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in the juice from the peaches. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir frequently..
- Take the saucepan off heat. Add in lemon juice and butter. Once its well mixed, pour back into peaches and combine..
- Pour peaches into pie crust. Decorate the top of the pie however you would like. I experimented with the lattice, braids, cut outs, and funky layers. Be creative!.
- Bake for about 55 minutes (25 if you're making a mini pie) at 400°F. Crust should be golden and if you can see the filling it should be just a little bit bubbly..
- The difference between the top and bottom pie crust recipes is in the proportions of butter to shortening. The bottom uses less butter so it doesn't taste quite as good, but it will be flakier. The top is supposed to taste a little bit better (I didn't notice a difference honestly), but will be less flakey and can therefore be better for making small details in your pie. You can use either for either the top or bottom, this is just how I did it and I was very happy with it! Whichever one you are using, its still important to keep the dough cold, or the fat and water react and it won't turn out as well after you finish baking it..
Read up and Linuxmom will teach you a delicious homemade summer pie recipe to satiate you. This Pie Crust is buttery, flaky and is perfect for sweet or savory pies. The perfect peach pie is within your grasp. A vibrant, sweet peach filling surrounded by a perfect fail-proof crust. It really is the perfect peach pie! ____ Peach pie with fresh peach filling is right up there on my list of favorite things to make and eat.