Ukadiche modak. What are Ukadiche Modak. "Ukadiche" literally means steamed. Ukadiche Modak are similar to dumplings, with an outer layer of steamed rice flour dough and a sweet filling of fresh coconut and. Modak recipe with step by step photos.
Ukadiche Modak which is steamed modak is specially made during the first day of Ganesh Chaturti to welcome him. Ukadiche Modak is an Indian sweet dumpling made during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi. It is made from steamed rice flour and stuffed with a sweet mixture of jaggery and grated coconut. You can have Ukadiche modak using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ukadiche modak
- Prepare 1 cup of rice flour.
- You need 1.5 cup of water.
- You need 2 tsp of ghee.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut grated.
- You need 1 pinch of elaichi powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated jaggery.
Ukadiche Modak for Ganesh Chaturthi Festival. Ukadiche Modak Recipe(steamed modak) – one of my favorite sweet are sweet dumplings made from rice flour. The stuffing is mainly made from grated coconut and jaggery. Ukadiche Modak is a sweet delight made with flour, coconut, jaggery and ghee.
Ukadiche modak step by step
- Heat one tsp ghee..add grated coconut fry it.
- Add jaggery and elaichi / cardamom powder and off the gas…add rice flour to this mixture.
- Boil water add ghee and salt.
- Add rice flour to water when it starts boiling…add in parts..and make a dough.
- Make a puri from the dough and put the mixture in it..and seal it and shape it in modak.
- Heat the steamer and place it..steam it for around 20 to 25 minutes.
- U can plate these white beauties.
These cute and yummy modak are the special treats to celebrate several occasions and festivals in India. Learn step by step how to make Ukadiche Modak for Ganesh Chaturthi on Times Food. Find all ingredients and method to cook Ukadiche Modakam along with preparation & cooking time. Modak is favorite food of Lord Ganesha. Ukadiche Modak is a sweet delight made with flour, coconut, jaggery and ghee.